You really can’t go wrong with a fresh-out-of-the-oven, crispy flatbread pizza. Second to its taste— this recipe takes less than 25 minutes to make. This naan pizza recipe is my go-to recipe for a quick healthy weeknight dinner and a simple one to make with your friends. Customize your pizza as much or as little as you’d like.
Tasty Tips: Choosing Naan & Pizza Sauce
The two key ingredients that make this recipe stand out is using garlic naan and basil pizza sauce as the base for the pizza. This base helps to bring out the flavours of any of the toppings you choose.
For a healthier alternative to shredded cheese, go with a low fat cottage cheese. 1-2% Cottage cheese is a great option for high protein (13g) and low carb diets (4g). However, the taste of cottage cheese might not be for everyone -especially on pizza! Make sure you’ve tried it out before and don’t mind the mushy texture of cottage cheese on your pizza.
Healthier Meat Options for Meat Eaters
You can also choose to replace less-healthy meat options (such as pepperoni, sausages, bacon) with healthier alternatives like chicken breast and turkey for a lean source of protein. Turkey has about half the amount of calories as traditional pork sausages per 100g. It also has 1/3 the amount of fat (about 10g compared to 33g). Additional toppings are up to your taste!
Topping Ideas for Vegetarian Pizza
Add as many vegetables as you’d like to make this meal vegetarian-friendly. Here are some fun topping ideas that you can add to the pizza base:
- Tomato and onion
- Spinach, artichoke, roma tomatoes
- Spinach, red pepper, mushroom
- Arugula, red onion, pesto sauce
- Diced halloumi, red peppers, green peppers
- Grilled eggplant, sweet red pepper, garlic, basil leaves
- Hummus, fresh tomatoes
- Broccoli, mushroom, presto sauce
Turkey and Mushroom Healthy Naan Pizza Recipe
It’s always build-your-own when you make pizza at home. This quick naan pizza recipe is one that I’ve especially enjoyed making.
Servings: 1, Prep time: 10 minutes, Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 garlic naan bread
- 2 tbsp basil pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 turkey sausage or bacon, cut
Garnish with dried chilli flakes, hot sauce and oregano.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Cook meat on stove top until fully cooked.
- Place naan bread on the baking sheet. Spread basil pizza sauce on each piece of naan bread. Add shredded cheese and toppings of your choice.
- Bake until pizza is crispy on the edges and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.
Nutrition: Turkey and Mushroom Healthy Naan Pizza
Calories: 333, Protein: 17.1g, Fat: 14.5g, Carbs: 34g
More Healthy Naan Pizza Topping Ideas
- Margherita Pizza: Fresh tomatoes, mozzarella, basil.
- White Spinach Pizza: Ricotta, spinach, parmesan, oregano, red pepper flakes.
- Greek Pizza: Spinach, red onion, sun dried tomatoes, olives, feta cheese.
- Smoky Sausage Pizza: Kale, pork sausages, smoked paprika, taleggio.
- My Favourite Build-Your-Own Blaze Pizza: Spinach, red onion, red pepper, feta, ricotta, pepperoni, Italian sausage, red pepper flakes.
This recipe is best when served fresh-out-of-the-oven. For quick and healthy recipes you can enjoy on the go, check out my recipes for Chicken Parmesan with Zucchini Noodles and this quick Thai Almond Chicken Salad recipe! I try to post recipes that are customizable, healthy and that you can make over and over again!